I have received many comments and inquiries concerning Factory Parts vs. Service/NOS Parts vs. Reproduction Parts. During the Challenger project we made it a point to investigate every single piece and/or part that was used to assemble the vehicle. Even the parts we knew were correct for this particular car were further researched in order to learn the variations that could have been used from vehicle to vehicle. Take the grease fittings for instance. While this topic seems insignificant (and small) in the realm of things, it was an area that we dedicated quite a bit of time, research and documentation towards. A big mistake that is often made with regards to factory vehicles has to do with possible variations that may have been used on different cars. Some "experts" are aware of a certain style and incorrectly assume that the particular example they are familiar with (or own) is the ONE and ONLY style! I have personally documented at least 2 variations of “factory correct” grease fittings as they relate to Chrysler vehicles. Below are photos taken of the different styles of fittings that can be used for a correct Mopar restoration. As seen in the photos, there is a fitting that was removed from an original, unmolested 9700 mile Hemicuda. The ball tip was knocked off at the factory. Also is a fitting that was removed from an NOS upper ball joint (that matches the original assembly line version) but has not yet had the round tip knocked off. There is also a sample of a reproduction that is very close to the style that was used from the factory in 1970. The nipple inlet has a slight difference in its shape but when knocked off, it is almost undetectable from the original factory style. (I located and purchased as many assembly line style pieces as possible to accumulate the necessary amount to complete the car.) Also included are photos showing every zerk fitting that was used (at the factory) on the same 9700 mile Hemicuda owned by Steve Been. He has a couple of other unmolested vehicles that has under 20000 miles, with the exact same style of fitting(s) from the factory. All used the zerk fittings that had the tip knocked off after the grease was applied.