Quote:

You're not understanding Dave's intentions. He is restoring the car to OEM 1970 specifications. All details are being reproduced as documented during the disassembly of his specific example.

Mike Mancini

This time, I'm not being critical. (I did chase someone off of here by questioning his restoration of the blackout treatment on his radiator support once, but that's a separate story ). I'm just asking a question. I understand that this is restoring a specific detail as originally configured but why not allow an improvement over the original sloppy placement of the tire decal for example. If it was placed a little straighter than the assembly guy who rushed it, it would look a little neater. You still have the documentation of how it was originally and what you did differently. The worker could have just as easily originally put it on straight as to not... just like it could be done now if one chooses to. It's just personal preference and I don't think anyone would criticize a better placement of the decal. There will be those that question the workmanship and you'll have to pull out that huge photo album everytime to show them how you matched the original workmanship. I might be tempted to put the decal on straight or make a few other improvements just to put my own "mark" on the car. Either way, the work is beautiful.

PS- I'd still like to know the finish/color of the driveshaft?