What if this WAS an earlier version of the 257 hose? Since both hoses seem to be showing up on random cars, both could be correct. After talking with Dave S. and the odd scenarios, it is possible that there were two separate hoses for the cars at the plant. Like many parts that change over time, these two hoses could have been consolidated into one part number which was the #257. Since it worked for both applications it might have made sense to just use one hose and eliminate the need for redundancy in part numbers and inventory. This is something that we are going to try and find out. AGAIN I will ask anyone involved here what the part number is for the hose that is pictured in all the A/C cars I have posted? Since it is not a reproduction, then where did it come from and who made it? Why would “they” have made this variation of hose? How and why did they all just end up on the A/C vehicles? My fender tag also does not show the optional six way seat that IS on the build sheet for my car. If I don’t carry it with me everywhere I go I am sure that it will be regarded as an “incorrect” addition to the car. Build sheets were always perfect! I know that because the two that I have for the Challenger have completely different fonts and the characters on one are shifted a complete column to the right about 1/3 of the way into the page.