Quote:

Hey Dave, this has been the most informative thread on Moparts in some time . I think we are all learning alot from this thread and thank you for all of your time, patience,and pics. With regards to the dash restoration, did you find NOS woodgrain besels for the rally dash or use the overlays...or did you touch up a original woodgrain bezel with a airbrush ???

The pleasure is all mine Michael! I am glad that everyone is enjoying the content matter and what has been posted. I need to pay tribute once again to my main man Jules the Wiperman for the Rally dash. Over a year and a half ago I contacted him regarding getting an NOS cluster. After about two minuets of laughing, he wished me well in my search for such an item. A funny thing happened about 4 months later. Jules called and the "joke" turned to reality. He found an NOS setup!! Instruments...wood grain panel....control pod....everything!!! The car originally cost $4600 when new. The cost of this NOS panel was more than $1000 over that price! Who would have thought that 39 years later a single dash component would exceed the original cost of the car? Still, I am happy to have found the part and for Jules finding the setup. Jules also took two original A/C boxes and pieced them together to make a BEAUTIFUL complete setup. Thank you Jules (again) for those pieces that will certainly be a main attribute/feature on this car!! I will post a picture of the NOS Rally cluster when I get the chance.