Quote:

Quote:

The TA challenger front valance procedure should be the same as any other challenger. The front spoilers were placed in the trunk with instructions for dealer installation, thus no need for an assembly line change. The dealerships didn't always follow the instructions well during spoiler installation resulting in varied spoiler location. For a spoiler bolt to have paint under it, that black on the valance must have been applied after the dealership installed the spoilers.

Which brings the question….why is this particular T/A valance panel (and series of photos) being used to substantiate a factory paint procedure if it was altered AFTER it left the factory. I thought we were discussing how things were done at the factory concerning Chrysler engineered procedures!?!

That black stuff may not be paint, it might just be dirt/road grime. Troy knows, maybe he'll enlighten us? All of these cars are 38 years old now, none of them are factory fresh. All we can do is to use the best examples we can find.

My own 70 challenger also has paint between the fender & valance, but that could easily have been from a repair on my car, so I wouldn't use it as a refference. If someone out there does have pics showing a lack of paint where the fender/front valance meet, I'd like to see them. So far I've only seen pics showing this for the rear valance.

My own feeling is that the valances were both on the car when it was painted, just looking for the proof, and still wondering why it was removed for the undercoating procedure.

When the rear valance was removed & replaced, the factory used new bolts for the installation so they wouldn't have to worry about picking up the right color old bolts to match the car.
So, are the front valance bolts painted or not? This could be a good clue maybe.

Tav