Quote:

What's the difference between this car and any other car that's been restored for OE judging?

I don't think it's any different than any of the other cars restored for this purpose? Is it?

The black car we did three years ago scored 2205.5 out of 2250 which is the highest point total of any OE car to date. This car is about 100 times better in appearance and originality than that one is. On a personal note, this has been the most difficult projects I have ever been involved with in my life. I have went through 6 years of college on an MBA program and started a business where we had to go through the legalities of being licensed by Ford, Chrysler and General Motors. During the past 4 years we started a new branch of the company where we received Federal DOT/DMV approval to be the global supplier for replacement certification decals, for new vehicles within the collision insurance industry. (ECS VIN.com) Besides all of that it took approximately 10 to 12 hours a day of networking to find parts, working on the car with Steve and detailing everything to exhibit a factory correct vehicle appearance. Working with the CEOs of companies like Legendary Interiors (for one example) to reconstruct the NOS interior fabrics, just the way they were done by the original supplier, was common practice during this endeavor. I can accurately say that this interior is different than ANY other one that does not still have it’s original one installed. There are subtle factory differences that never make it into the regular reproduction designs. The paint job alone took a little over six months. A special spray booth with an air circulating filtering system had to be constructed in order to ensure a factory “orange peel” finish without getting any dirt in the surface. An original paint finish was not and should not be wet sanded. With a running total (so far) of about $230K these are just a SMALL number of tasks, within a long list of objectives that we had to deal with. I could go on and on but I have already written enough.

Other than that, it was just your normal - simple run of the mill OE type restoration Alan.