Quote:

I have seen thousands of vehicles that have variations from one to another. I'm sure we will all see many original variations as we begin to look closer at details that did not concern us in the past now that we are all doing our best to make our cars as accurate as possible.

Dave Wise
MMC / ICCA Detroit

Hello Dave. Good to hear from you on this subject! If you have been following this post (that took a u-turn with these hoses)you can certainly see some of the differing opinions on the subject. There are people who say the A/C hose is incorrect for my Challenger but based on what? If they know the part is wrong, they MUST know what makes it wrong and/or it's correct application. No one can answer why these A/C cars have this hose with the hump in it. This particular hose is not a reproduction item so where did it come from? How did all of these A/C cars get the exact "incorrect" hose that is not a reproduction example. I personally think that the cars with A/C had this particular hose for extra clearance around the belts. In the picture posted by PLATINUM6BBL, his hose even shows the "hump"characteristic like all the other A/C cars I have documented. As you can see, everyone here is using NON A/C examples to substantiate the #257 hose for A/C cars. Dave, do you (or anyone else) have ANY engine photos of 1970 big block original cars that are A/C equipped but with the regular #257 hose on them?