I was invited into the judging area by Dave to look at this incredible restoration up close. I started another thread with a longer description of this car, but simply put Dave Walden found a way to present a car in 2008 exactly as it would have appeared prior to dealer prep in 1970. The attention to detail, the assembly line (lunch pail) parts, the finish and the presentation of this car will take you back to a dealers lot in 1970. The restoration on this car, to this exact detail and presentation will set a new precedent that all future restorations will strive for; but after seeing this car in person it will be nearly impossible to surpass this restoration, in fact I doubt it will ever be equaled.

As stated in my other post, I have owned and studied Survivor cars for many years and this car is basically perfect in every detail. I used a 1GB drive in my camera taking pictures of this car, spent probably too much time looking at it but it was hard to quit studying it because every time you look at the car you see a new detail that you missed the first time. Anyone that doubts a car can be return to its as delivered state some 38 years later would quickly change their opinion upon seeing this car. I really appreciate the invitation to see this car up close and personal, thanks for the opportunity Dave and thanks for presenting this car at the Nats for all to enjoy.

Shannon

Challenger Thread-Regarding this Car.

Last edited by 65PaceCar; 08/11/08 06:03 PM.