Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Ron,
We matched exactly what we found originally for the cowl black out. (Yes Alan, I have substantiating photos of the original paint pattern.)

I know yours is correct and mine is wrong, but I'm a straight line kinda of guy. I'm thinking about redoing it though. Looking at your pics is a real humbling experience.

I like the neatness in your cars cowl Ron. Sure it may not be "correct" but in the average world alot of people would think the correct fogged in look would indeed look crude. I remember having my Chevelle and putting orange overspray on the exhaust manifolds and always hearing " you did such a nice job elsewhere, why in the world did you get in a rush and spray bomb the valve covers and put overspray all over the manifolds?" I suppose Im one of the guys who doesnt own a matching numbers car, so perhaps I will overrestore some areas with less attn to concours exactness. With all due respect to others who further the hobby by restoring a car to exact detail to originality of course. Still I look at cars such as the white one for reference in many ways.

Thanks, but I must say it is incongruous of me to strive, as best I can, to achieve a modicum of correctness and then finish certain components of the car- the cowl and the exhaust manifolds - to suit my personal tastes.