ok guys you got me. i have rec'd too many emails with links to this thread. i have happily watched from the distance. now it's time for my 2cents worth. this will be my ONLY response no matter who cuts me up or down. how many components make up a 70 challenger? the number is endless. how many of those components have all the "experts" found wrong on daves car? not enough to fill 2 hands. yes the battery cables arent 100% and the carpeting is reproduction. the battery cables on my hemi cars are C and E BODY 440. YES i take cables that are 100% correct for 440 cudas, challengers, and furys and splice them under the insulation to create hemi cables. has anyone ever seen an nos hemi ebody cable for sale in the last 20 years? i havent. do i deserve full credit for this @judging. of course not. theres a few more small minor things on daves car that can be up for debate. whats that.....an hour of work to rectify? an hour!!! on a car that has countless manhours?? woopie. so, if it were my car this is how i would respond to the people who are seeking the truth on whats right or wrong. "YES I BOUGHT NOS BUT NOT 100% CORRECT FROM NEW BATTERY CABLES, YES I DONT HAVE AN NOS BATTERY (BY THE WAY NOBODY DOES AS THEY WERE NEVER SERVICED)YES I AGREE THAT I SHOULD GET DINGED A POINT OR 2 FOR HAVING REPOP CARPET (SINCE THE GUY NEXT TO ME MAY HAVE ORIG CARPET HE DESERVES MORE POINTS THAN I) AND YES TO THE WIPERS, AND YES TO A FEW MINOR THINGS THAT GOT BY US.
so there you go. if i were dave thats what i would say. i wouldnt question these guys about why they dont go after my paint and processes. why would i? the fact that they dont question them shows me they know it's the best thats been done to date by anyone including the "pros" (quotes deliberate).

now heres what i, steven juliano, have to say ONCE AND ONLY ONCE about daves challenger. i will keep this short and sweet:

IT'S BEEN SAID A CAR CAN BE NEW ONLY ONCE. BASED ON THE UNPARALLED WORKMANSHIP IN DAVE WALDENS 1970 CHALLENGER I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT FOR THIS TO BE TRUE DAVE'S CHALLENGER MUST HAVE BEEN DRIVEN DOWN THE ASSEMBLY LINE IN 1970 BECAUSE TODAY IT IS NEW.

copy it, print it, quote me in magazines, line your toilet, just please remember it when you email me and try to start fights....if you dont understand my quote above then i cant help you.