Quote:

Thanks for the info Dave, your an asset to the hobby. I really mean it.

All we did was build and present the car. There still needed to be a venue that allowed the restoration efforts to be fairly assessed. I have many friends involved in judging programs and have a tremendous respect for those who work to support these programs. I personally support the OE judging program due to the objective manner in which they treat their participants. Some of the other programs incorporate judges who restore cars as a profession or sell products that are used within restoration industry. I believe those situations (could) have the propensity to be a conflict of interest with regards to objective judging. I personally was bitten by the “politics” of one judging venue a couple of years ago. Because I spoke out against these unethical practices, I automatically became foe to certain magazine personnel and other cronies who were/are “in bed” with the principles that were involved. I think that when you have a group of judges who are genuinely focused on their program (without the possibility for conflicts of interest) fairness and integrity will be the result. For the record, even if the car would have received a sub level or lesser score, I would still feel the same regarding the judging system that is headed by Keith Rohm and his team. A big THANKS to those individuals for providing the OE judging program at the Mopar Nationals!