Quote:

Quote:

Dave, Fantastic job on the car!

In an earlier post you claimed to not have used any reproduction parts. Does this mean you came up with an NOS battery? I'd like to see a picture of the baked bubbley primer residue you must have recreated on the battery tray.
Also, curious what type of paint you used.
Thanks!

I also asked about the battery several posts ago, but there was no response. I know there are some originals around that could probably be "restored". I would also love to see a close up of both sides of the trunk mat.

Also as it pertains to the engine. Does the motor have the original pistons and bearings?? Does it have a nylon cam gear and link chain like the originals had. Does it use a rope rear main seal and a leather front damper hub seal?? Is it using an NOS(or original) cam and lifter set?? Let's get some details about the engine build for the gearheads like myself.

MB

My quote was:
"With the exception of two items (that were custom made and look NOS) nothing on this car is reproduction."

I have found an NOS battery but it was not correctly dated for the car. With 6 weeks left, I still hope to locate one. If not, I will have to do like every other car and use a vintage repop. I have found NOS date specific batteries for my GM and Ford cars but have had one heck of a time trying to locate a correct Chrysler style. Does anyone have an opinion or information as to why they are so hard to find?

I Almost forgot! Nothing special about the engine. Just good old original stock specs on everything.

Last edited by ECS; 06/28/08 02:15 AM.