Quote:

Hey Dave, maybe I misunderstood that somehow, but if the blackouts were applied with the valance removed then there wouldn't be any blackout overspray on the valance. All the valances shown so far have exhibited blackout overspray. (but Not undercoating)
Tav

Sorry guys but I have mixed up the front with the back. (Thanks Tav for mention of the rear. My picture portfolio was of rear valances.) The front was painted separate from the car but was left off to do the black out before it was installed. In the picture of my car (posted below) you will notice the arrow pointing to the blackout on the front corner of the radiator core support. Do you see any white showing through the black? It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the blackout to have been applied in THAT pattern if the valance was in place. The bracket is right up against the core support and would have kept the blackout paint from covering that area. If you agree with that fact, then you have to agree that the valance was off the car in order to do the blackout procedure. That is when the core support black out, valance blackout, undercoat, bumper & brackets, etc....were performed. The front valance was left off to assist with those steps. The core support could not be covered with black out if the valance was sitting directly in front of it. Also look at the pattern of the blackout on the valance. It would be impossible to have that type of spray pattern if the part was bolted in place on the car. (Again, sorry for the mental lapse about the front valance being painted off the car. It was off for the black out. We did paint the rear ON the car and the front OFF the car.)

4552911-OldChallenger.jpg (225 downloads)