Quote:

Dave,
all due respect. but the low mileage 1970 GTX would be extremely suspect - wrong plug wires, wrong radiator cap, added electronic ingition.and you can;t see enough in the challenger pic to make a determination. how about a pic of the hose(hoses) from the opposite side.

If you have it , whats the pt number called for on the buildsheet for the upper hose.
My parts book calls for 2863257 (used from 1969 thru 1971 on B+ E bodies with max cooling OR with A/C ) .which is shaped nothing like what you have shown.

Thanks for the pictures Bill. You have actually illustrated a point that I am starting to believe concerning these hoses. In you’re previous post you had mentioned plug wires, ignition, and cap. Sounds like a car that probably had a tune up some time during it’s 11,000 mile existence. Hardly proof for assuming that items like the belts, radiator hoses, heater hoses, etc….. were replaced. Richard and his son Ryan were kind enough to spend the day showing us between 30-40 survivor vehicles. One of the areas that I specifically referenced were the radiator hoses. It wouldn’t do you a lot of good to see the other end of the hoses Bill because NOT ONE of the original radiator hoses had a part number or Pentastar printed on them. I am starting to believe that ALL factory hoses had a printed stripe that ran the length of the hose and DID NOT have a part number or Chrysler logo. If you want to disagree please answer just one question. How could EVERY SINGLE one of his cars, collected from different areas across the country, ALL exhibit this single stripe characteristic? Either it is one huge, hose conspiracy or there is a repo manufacturer out there that no one is aware of except Richard. His yellow Hemicuda, purple convertible Challenger, green Superbird, 71 two tone Sixpack Cuda, AAR Cuda, etc…. ALL had radiator hoses that exhibited ONE stripe with a date code and five digit number. It appears that our hobby has bought into using re-stamps of period correct “service hoses” and are pawning them off as assembly line originals. I guess the question really should be, how can anyone determine the correct hose (specific to the build sheet) if it does not have the part number printed on the hose? Also how could three different survivor A/C cars ALL have the exact coincidental “wrong” radiator hoses on them? Richard certainly didn’t come across as a “story teller” but maybe you guys know more about his vehicles than he does. He said the hoses were original on ALL of the cars that we looked at!