To add to this thread with some positive input. I got to spend the day with Dave and Steve yesterday and just had a great time-what stand up generous guys. After seeing Daves proprietery process of decal reproduction I can say, without a doubt, they are perfect copies of originals he had on site. The computer allows and proves it, as does overlays. I could not believe how much work it was to make a simple VIN door decal! Holy smokes, they are a bargain for the effort required. Enough on that.
When seeing this car, I was amazed. I have been studying OE restorations since 1994 when Grinwalds Superbee (Resto Ricks work by the way) started a new standard. Every year since then, I have looked at over 50 OE restorations, along with doing a few myself. Though many have been great in their own respect, I think Dave has duplicated HIS car to an extreme that has not been accomplished to this point-it really is as close to what he started with as humanly possible! It may not be like the next car that came down the line, but it is what Chrysler was TRYING to achieve. Now these are words coming from someone who will be competing in the same OE class as him so I'm not kissing anyones rear-I'm telling it like it is.
Though many on this board and are quick to criticize ones work, for one reason or another, I simply say - bring your best effort for all to see and criticize - or go somewhere else
I applaud, and respect, anyone out there who goes to the efforts to do the jobs they do.
There are a lot of great car restorers on this board (Gary Plessinger-thanks so much, Mike Wilkins, Rick K., and others) that contribute to this hobby and we need to keep it up!
To all my friends out there-see ya at Carlisle or the Nats. Now I'm going back to work on a Cuda...