I have noticed that there is a reoccurring theme that is taking place with one particular person on this thread. It is not how “correct” the car is but how perfectly we have come to duplicating the original characteristics. I am confident that we have accomplished that objective with about 95-96% accuracy. My analogy of “signing your own name the exact same way twice” is a good example of just how hard it is to duplicate anything exactly. This is even more evident when you try to recreate someone else’s spray paint patterns while having to manipulate the exact amount of paint that is coming out of the gun. There are others who have posted pictures of their work and received instant praise for the appearance and what was accomplished. Rightfully so! With my car (and this person) pictures that we post are followed by a demand for pictorial proof so credibility can be established. Double standards certainly seem to be the norm for some but keep in mind that everything we have done to this Challenger has been thought thru completely. I can assure that certain “individual” that we did not simply overlook the correct spray pattern of the entire trunk area. The car is correct for what it represents. It is hard enough to do an OE level restoration on a vehicle. Compound that difficulty with having to match about 10,000 original characteristics as closely as possible! Even if it the car does not walk it’s own footprint with 100% exacting detail, it is still WELL within the range of being a factory appearing vehicle. Having to prove every little aspect to someone who is just hoping for some kind of mistake or hiccup was not the intent of this thread.
Please correct me if I am wrong Mr. Blues Cuda.....Scott.