This has turned into a very interesting thread since I'm cruising down the same path as the 'Cuda, to a certain degree of course. I'm pretty much doing all this myself other than paint and body. BUT, I am the one telling the shop what and how to do it.... As you can see from the picture, I have the bottom side already in the primer paint I bought from Dave Patik over at PCG. I told my paint gent to "place himself" in the shoes of the painter at the assembly line at the time.... I've told Bill when it comes to the sides of the car, shot the car as to get color on the bottom of the rockers and the overspray will go where it goes. No science about it, just spray.... Sounds oversimplified of course..... In a perfect world, I'd have him spray the inside of the trunk with the primer as to duplicate the level at which the car was dipped and then paint color... I'm sure there would be signs of primer in the corners and cracks of the trunk area that color didn't touch.
I'm sure the glossiness is too much since this is paint that looks like primer, but as you can imagine, I'm also interested in real paint, corrosion control and ease of cleaning...

Oh well.. I love this sort of stuff and wish I had the financial resources to go full bore.. I'll do what I can do and be happy.........

I applaud the work of those like Steve, Dave, Roger & Frank, and Alan....

Yes: I'll be taking the paint off the attach hardware you see there..

4503101-100_7417.jpg (650 downloads)
Last edited by hemi68charger; 06/21/08 06:51 PM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)