Quote:

As far as judging is concerned, in my opinion, even though the hose looks correct and matches that of several reference photos, it would be hard to argue that the BCS is wrong....would it not?

AGAIN...I always ASSUMED the BCS was Gospel when restoring a car? But it's clear that yours could be wrong ?

Let me clarify my question....I never stated that BCS were always perfect, but I did refer to them being "Gospel" meaning that an OE level judge would have to take that as the final word as far as options, etc... (unless the cars owner has air-tight proof of a dealer installed option)

Wouldn't the same hold true for parts or componets of the car such as hoses, suspension parts, shocks (that's another good one) etc...?
If BCS in question calls for a 257 and we all agree that it looks nothing like the "humped" hose on 99% of the AC cars...

How will a judge make the call? Can he (judge) over-rule whats printed on the BCS?

Is it safe to assume that two hoses could have got the same part number

For every picture of original AC cars with the "humped" hose we have an equal amount of non-AC cars with the straight hose and yet we have both ac and non ac cars with 57 on the BCS I wouldn't want to be a OE Level judge that's for sure.....

Great thread guys....lets keep the info coming

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !