Quote:

my question was in regards to the judging in reference to the reproduction carpet + no mention of a points deduction.
thats all

dave did say he was told of what the point deductions were and the carpeting wasnt mentioned

Please stop this charade Mr. D.! Have the guts to say what you feel (as you) rather than using your snide little digs to point out things in an attempt to maintain YOUR "crowning" superiority. I think you interject YOUR need for greatness into my demeanor. I don't care if I decided to use ACE Hardware green Astroturf for automobile carpet! I don't owe you ANY explanation for what we did regarding this car. Besides, had I found NOS blue carpet, I STILL would have had to re spray the forty year old weathered “junk“. You’d be nit picking THAT if it were the case. I also don't think that the other hobbyist who will benefit from my efforts will have the same bothers/concerns as you do. Let me take this time to say that I sincerely apologize for my piece of junk Challenger using this hideous reproduction carpet. You might even consider suing all of us who were involved with the car's restoration for laying such a bothersome scenario on your shoulders. Hope this next gesture satisfies your obvious need for attention and accreditation: