Quote:

[quote)

Has it occurred to anyone that the incorrect hose has somehow become accepted over time as the correct one?

Dave,, That is the case, as you know, with alot of these cars. Not just the Mopars but the other two also. There are things on my cars that people are going to say are wrong, but that's the way they came. And alot of people have cars like that. Then someone (or two) go and say that it can't be right because they THINK they know every answer to everything on every car.... so... the person doing the car goes and changes it on someone else's suggestion,,,, and,,, history gets changed once again.

Hello Chris! How are you doing? Thanks for the post. There is something odd regarding the upper radiator hose for an A/C car. Was there a variation hose used for A/C equipped cars at the factory? I have no idea. Barry confirmed that my build sheet (as did Steve a little while ago) shows a 257 hose. Are all of the original A/C hoses on the cars I saw coincidently the exact same AND incorrect? I doubt it. I do know that provisions were made on the assembly line to compensate for the A/C cars. Bolts were also removed and replaced which eliminated the normal paint patterns of the engine. I do not have an absolute opinion on this subject just yet. I am leaning towards the upper hose on A/C cars being like the ones I have documented with the “hump“. Like I said earlier, I have both styles to choose from. I will definitely find the answer to this one over the next few days. This is starting to be reminiscent of another beating I took concerning hood scoops being painted in or out of the car. Check out the attached picture and the big drip hanging from the closest screw. Might just be another “fluke”.

4531620-100_3203.JPG (223 downloads)