Quote:

Quote:

Did NOS front signal light housings come in grey as well? I bought a set for the 71 Challenger I'm working on and they were a gold colour.
Is the a difference between assembly line parts and off the shelf parts?

P.S. The VIN tag Chrysler Label looks to be "reproduction" as well making the total "3" now

Alan,I wonder about the fluids and lubricants also.I hear they are going to be analyzed.Could raise the number above 3.

Be careful on that logo. In person it looks about as original as the originals do. Of course when something looks "new" it is rather easy to assume non originality. No one has come out to question the NOS paints that were used on the body of the car or many of the components that had to be refinished. What does everyone else use for "NOS" paint? (Or are some factors overlooked and never considered in the scheme of things?) What am I going to do for air in the tires? Certainly those who are calling out these blatant blunders in NOS unobtainable replacement miniscule items, would not be hypocritical with THEIR particular restoration efforts. By all means, please follow up your observations with the places you found those unobtainable NOS items.

Alan...what original assembly plant do you take your VIN plates to and have them re stamped?

A common sense moment my be appropriate right about now. This might help clarify things:

For all the things that were humanly attainable we believe we came up with all but two (possibly two and three quarters) of the components needed to keep this project as factory original as possible.

Did I really need to make that point about the original air and paint (to be technically correct) or was someone really naïve enough to think we might have access to those items?