Quote:

Quote:

99% it's Steve Juliano's 71 Hemi Charger survivor. I think I watched this picture being taken.

Are you sure that Steven's car is a survivor? (Please, just ignore my joking sarcasm!) I noticed there is about the same amount of paint on his rear seat braces as there are on my white Challenger. I was informed that we applied the paint there too heavy! How is it that my "details" are the only ones that seem to be scrutinized while everyone else's (exact same features) go unnoticed?

Enviroment and conditions make a big difference in looking at original examples. My Barracuda has been registered, driven, and used hard since 1968. Just a So Cal driver. Still the trunk looks pretty decent, but it doesn't look as shiney as the 71 Charger R/T Survivor.

Mine doesn't look as shiney as it did in 1993 when I got it. Unless these cars are in a excellent climate controlled enviroment, they deterioate and de-vole. The pictures show that.

It does leak moisture from the vinyl top molding screws ever so slightly. That's what's given it surface rust under the dutchman and dullness on the X-brace. Still, it doesn't have pock mark on the floor.

You can see the dip line on the X-brace and outer hinge support. And see the spraying direction of the RR1 Maroon. Nothing is even dusted or cleaned here, so it looks pretty dull. For all the un-mentionable wear and tear it couldn't have been too thin in there.

(ignore the hoaky speaker install)

4514804-PICT1984.JPG (248 downloads)