I enjoy burning the oil too in research of my car. Thanks RT_6_PakShaker. Excellent original details on your very, very nice ride to say the least. Spent enough time reading back threads and the archives where this is destined for these past weeks to have seen your posts to know its a priviledge to hear from you tonight. Also read enough from DW by now to know its a priiledge to spend anytime on his thread and feel that he probably won't mind much when we throw around some good stuff, at him and each other the next few weeks and months.

A few here took interest to see the different cables on the Challenger and so did I, so will many more. We can see here in your pic the cables differ from one side to the other, one is armor spiral wrapped, one isn't, just like DW's Challenger and the many originals he has seen to confirm it. Also see a color difference in the two cable end rubber seals/grommets, and can see the seals are identical on each side to one another. Mr ECS, I wasn't in any way implying that the Challenger has a non original or non 100% correct NOS '70 piece. I am interested mostly to know if the '70 style cable end grommets were all large like shown, or if some mid-late '70 LH examples possibly had '71 cables w/ thin style end grommets installed and if this was the case as they may be the same size in length and possibly interchangeable. Anyone that has read my posts knows I am no expert and been easily misled like most others through disception, cloning, and false magazine articles and their owners and misprinted info from Chrysler literature itself, lastly a lack of witnessing documented originals such as this car is. The Challenger appears to be one of or the most carefully researched and documented cars to date and we're all finding out quick just how hard and to what lengths these guys worked on her.