Quote:

It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the blackout to have been applied in THAT pattern if the valance was in place. The bracket is right up against the core support and would have kept the blackout paint from covering that area. If you agree with that fact, then you have to agree that the valance was off the car in order to do the blackout procedure. That is when the core support black out, valance blackout, undercoat, bumper & brackets, etc....were performed. The front valance was left off to assist with those steps. The core support could not be covered with black out if the valance was sitting directly in front of it. Also look at the pattern of the blackout on the valance. It would be impossible to have that type of spray pattern if the part was bolted in place on the car.

it's interesting that the factory took the time to blackout the inside of the valance while it was still off the car, but that's deffinately what the evidence is pointing to.

So, if the front valance was painted off the car, how was that handled? Did it come down the line near the car and get painted at the same time, or were a variety of colors of pre-painted valances available at the instalation point? (I've always wondered how the painted side mirrors were handled also.)

I think Dave said earlier that he had spoken with a few people that had survivor type cars, and those cars exhibited undercoating on the marker light wiring, but not on the turn signal wiring where they plug together. Troy posted a picture showing us that his car Does have undercoating on the turn signal wiring. Thinking about this, I was wondering... Were the turn signals plugged in (and left to dangle?) while the undercoating was applied before the valance was installed? OR, If the turn signal was Not pluged in during undercoating then there must have been some kind of protector over the marker light wiring connection to keep the undercoating out of it?

Tav