Quote:

Quote:

Wonder what ever happened to that M/P Camaro.
I've seen Hwy 2 shields on the take at 150th St. Some one had the right paper to make that happen.

My guess was my friend had connections as one of his customers was "hooked up" with the City in an area other than police work. A simple call to a "friend-of-a-friend" or "cousin" could've straightened it all out.
This was all comon knowledge so "greasing" someone's palm was just how business was done. This was where the real criminal side of streetracing came into play. Imagine what it took to get the real big money runs to go off without a hitch. But in the end it never really mattered--we never hurt anyone, VERY rarely did a race like this result in violence & your "rep" was at stake, so to not pay-off or anything like that would result in a variety of problems for you. Most guys quit, some went back to running their businesses or the very lucky few turned it into a respectable living. That was the fun of it all. At the time anything seemd possible and you were having fun....

The biggest thing about those "twinight runs" or
'submarine races", they were WELL organized and
nobody got hurt (pro runs, some local action). And speaking of organization, the atomosphere was
ALREADY set up long before the two cars/drivers met on the tarmac. Between the "two pillars" of society in the streets, order was KEPT. Through
this "natural order" some of the best runs ever seen and skilled drivers were born into history. It seem that the "less you knew" and the more you
payed attention to detail, you often would make it back to see more action.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)