No pro stock street story but In 1970/71, I used to cruise Commonwealth Ave in front of Boston University every night till all hours in the morning. The lights turned flashing yellow after 11:00 pm. We would line up three abreast and race. I had a Y3 yellow 4 speed RoadRunner w/4.30 rear, 440 AVS carb, recurved distributor and headers. I literally burned up a couple of clutches perfecting my hole shot the first year I had the car. One night there were 2 Chevy SS's and a new TransAm 455SD firebird lined up at the BU bridge. It goes from 4 lanes to three at the other side of the intersection. I pulled up beside them just before the light changed and squeezed one of the Chevelles out and beat them all in the 1/4. Rather than being mad at me, the 2 Chevy guys flagged me over and wanted to know what I had in it and asked me to follow them to Watertown and treated me to an early breakfast. I had guys come down from the upper stories of the 23 story dorm and follow me more than once just to see what I had in it. They would watch the street squirrels race from their dorms. It also had glass packs and you could hear me coming or taking off as the case may be for quite a ways!