Not really a race story, but a real tale of the old days. Early spring in the 70's Had a '68 GTO that had some work done to it. Went to a local bar one evening and saw a girl I really liked with another guy. I had only been out of the Army a short time and wondered if she and he were seeing each other while I was in Vietnam. Lost my cool (like I ever had any)and just starting driving the GTO home. The State Police had a favorite place to hang out and if you weren't from the area you never knew they were there. Well I blew through the red light and the chase was on. I could see the red lights way back, but I stopped ,pulled over , and waited for them. This big red headed Trooper reaches in and pulles me out the drivers window, through the cuffs on, and hauled me to the local jail cell. Only one ticket about three foot long. Bailed out -had to walk back to the car and then court. Had an old judge who questioned me and found out I was a combat vet. Gave me 6 months to be real good and it went away, if i came back I'd be paying for it. I found the trooper and said I was sorry for the situation I'd put him in. The best I'm Sorry I ever said. I guess the story here is that back in the day the Police could still use their own wisdom where as today most are dictated as to how to handle everthing. Sorry about running off OK I'll go turn in my license and move to Florida.