Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The "South" was jumpin' in the 80's.
Columbia St. was for those suicidal maniacs and their audience.
150th was the Vegas style Money pit.
The "Fount" was the recreational relapse arena for those seeking youth.
The "Hutch" was the hush hush 150th wanna-B.
The list goes on and on till the break of dawn.....

So true, FMJ!! And list does go on:

Francis Lewis Blvd (73rd Ave-Union Turnpike) was the "watered down" 150th street.
Cross Bay Boulevard was Queens version of South Ave.
Kent Ave, Brooklyn, was a "little known" spot to run, basically a truck route.
Clearview Expressway was similar to the Bayonne Bridge approach (S.I.). Bordered around the Cunningham Park area(Union Turnpike-73rd Ave-GCP-LIE) annexed to Francis Lewis Blvd and Union turnpike sites.
Utopia Parkway
Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn (floyd bennett field-kings plaza)
Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn (Grand Army Plaza-Empire Boulevard)
Union Turnpike (Douglaston Parkway-Stronghurst Ave)
Just a "few" ex-racing haunts!

Ran all the ones in Queens at least once, though I preffered Francis Lewis & the Clearview for some reason. Had a great run near St. Francis Prep (Bishop Reilly H.S back then) one night against a '69 Chevelle. After 3 passes the cops come down from the opposite direction, bounce over the median to go after us & I'm thinking I'm screwed now! The Chevelle tries to outrun them while I pulled over, my buddy caught up to me, put the car on a tow strap while the cops blew by us looking for the Chevelle. They caught him as we towed by as they were cuffing the driver. He was shouting we were the guys he was racing & that we should be booked also. The cops ignored him & we just crawled on by grateful they were more angry for him running than wanting to get both drivers

Francis Lewis Blvd had great bite, even after they replaced the "china rock concrete" with asphalt. Same with Union Turnpike. Smooth most of the time, cause it's kept paved.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)