The "gunsmith" wasn't the shapest tool in the drawer.
Anyway, while I did race Chevys for quite awhile I was alwys fond of Mopar stuff--- just didn't have many friends that ran 'em. I did have a friend with a 340 Dart though, and it was impressive. He'd take on most any big-block Brand-X car and I never saw him lose by more than half a length, if at all. My friends had a variety of cars, so you can't really say we were "brand-blind". Looking back I can recall chevys, a '67 Galaxie, a GTO, AMC, Dodge & Plymouth,a Mercury, even a Buick. A good friend of mine at the time even beat me (pretty badly ) in his '68 4-4-2 when I had my big-block 'vette (highly overrated, IMO). With so many diferent cars it was almost necessary to stop by my friend's speedshop just to get his "take" on what to do with a particular car. Of course like many he was partial to Chevys but he did sponsor a few other cars so it was interesting to learn the differences.
I remember him doing some engine work in his shop's backroom for his streetracer. The motor was the spare 496 for the shop's A/MP Camaro and the factory aluminum heads were hogged out to within an inch of their life. That thing, hooked up to a clutch-turbo in a '66 Chevy Impala was impressive. It was the first "sleeper" I had ever seen up close & actually it wasn't a whole lot different, mechanically, than the Camaro. They did a few tricks to it, but compared to today's Stock Eliminator cars except for the engine & trans it wasn't much different. Given this was the early 70s though you could say the car WAS pretty trick. I'd love to find one & do a repo of the car .