My first Mopar..a black 62 Dodge Dart, 361 auto. This is 1967 and I'm 17. Picked it up on Friday evening and drove it to school on Monday. Monday after school, with 4 of my buddies in the car, a bow tie is right on my bumper after we pull out of the school parking lot so I'm gonna show him who has the fastest car so I nailed it and of course so did he, still behind me but in the same lane as this was a narrow street in midtown Indy. Well an officer pulls me over and writes me a ticket for a 50 in a school zone, drag racing, loud pipes and reckless driving, lets the other guy go.

Go to court with my mom (my dad knew the judge) and I'm only charged with reckless driving (6 points)but the judge tells me to give my keys and license to my mom for 3 months. After leaving the court room she refuses to give me my keys and license back and to make matters worse she drives my car for the next 3 months and yes all my buddies saw her driving my new ride, how embarrasing. However, other than a speeding ticket in the same year I haven't had a ticket since and now I'm 59 & 5/16. Guess I learned my lesson: Speed is for the drag strip not the streets and interstates.