Here is strange one, a friend when he was in college bought a new burgandy and black 68 road runner. He was wild and crazy and just abused the car unmercifully. He would go to Omaha and street race all weekend, every weekend on the back side of the air port. I rode with him several weekends. The car was a 383 4 speed and he put Mickey Thompsons on the back. It would wipe the road with 396's and 427's. That road runner had such power that it would not hold a 11 inch clutch at all and we changed clutches literally every weekend in that thing. The really weird thing with that car was (and I am not making this up) that is had some sort of factory experimental engine in it. Every year he would get a serial numbered survey letter from Chrysler about the "experimental" engine, (I saw the form) asking about the performance and problems with the engine and If I remember correctly, it listed it as 390 horse power. But it was a single 4 barrel. Through its short life, that car was also one of those that had never been beat. He had it several years and just tore it up power shifting it all the time. He finally hit a bridge with it and it went directly to the junk yard. I was not technical enough as a kid back then but I sure wonder to this day what that 383 was that made it "experimental".