Quote:

Quote:

Heres the RR

Heres the cuda at a Papas Dodge Cruise.

I knew a guy from East Hartford that bought an old pro stock Vega from a guy named Jack Chin who did very well at Conn dragway along with his brother Eddie. At any rate, this guy buys Chin's Vega and proceeds to put in a blown big block Chevy, what a ride to say the least. One night I rode with him in the Vega to the Berlin Turnpike, to say we stopped traffic is an understatement, we pulled into the Roy Rogers and as he was trying to back in it a parking space a Berlin cop pulled up and told us there was no way that car was legal and we needed to get lost, knowing of course the cop was right we proceeded to motor on home, what a ball. I moved out of Conn in the late 80's and haven't been back to the turnpike since but back when I was a kid there was a whole lot of racing going on there.
Joey

BTW, your Cuda is awesome!!, reminds me of one that was for sale in East Hartford that had a Hemi in it, supposedly a Sox and Martin built engine, the car was primered and was sitting in a barn when I seen it, mid 80's maybe.

Joey, We bought the cuda from a guy in East Hartford,right off of Silver Lane.. It was primered and had a HEMI with a tunnel ram and 2 dominators.When we bought it,it was at his house. Back then,my dad didnt want the HEMI cuz it was too radical for us back then so we bought it as a roller and a friend of ours dad bought the HEMI. The car went 9.90's with a 4-speed back in the early 70's when the car was put together. It only had 19,000 miles on it. It HAS too be the same car...You think??

HOLY CRAP!!, it has to be the same car, the one I am talking about was in a barn on Silver Lane and as you describe it is exactly the way I seen it, if I remember right, the father and son who owned it spent a ton of money on it, ran it a couple of times and parked it for whatever reason. I would be willing to bet that other than myself, there were only a handful of guys in the area that even knew it existed. They were asking $6500 for it at that time which was fortune then, today I look back and think what a deal!. I am glad you guys have it, the car looks GREAT!, it's nice to see a barn car turn out to have a happy ending.

Joey