Quote:

Just spent the day today in Cunnnigham park with my ten year old and his new bicycle.
I took him over some bike trails and ended up almost under the Clear view over pass on Union Turnpike where they used to have the staging of the cars running up on the clearview back in the day. Stood there explaining it to him with my words flowing in one ear and coming out the other. Nintendo burned I guess.
Funny how every street in the area is primo smooth and straight and the only things noticed are the roaming unmarked Highway 3 Chargers.

I can just imagine the the memories flowing through your head, Lee!! And you probably smelled the rubber burniing too!! Definitely a GOOD afternoon in Cunningham Park,
(Queens own Central Park!). The icing on the cake would have been if your ten year old son would have ripped a 30' long wheelie on his bike!! But
he'll have his day soon!! Those unmarked Chargers
are pretty sneaky there, since SOME OF the "next generation" import crowd likes to make high speed
passes there, on FLB and the Clearview at certain
times, with no reguards to traffic. A lot of smooth
streets there too. The locals ARE PRETTY TIGHT with the politicians in the area, so that's why they "keep up the neighborhood", hence the better
road surfaces, etc. Primo tax dollars at work, I
guess.

Last edited by HYPER8oSoNic; 07/20/10 05:40 PM.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)