And I remember an acquaintance of ours that had a dark blue 4 door 66 Coronet Hemi 4 speed car that took quite a bit of money from the unsuspecting challenger. Car had steelies and small hub caps and no badging. Looked like something my Grandma would have driven. Now before some of you "purists" say it could not have been a factory built hemi 4 speed car due to it's color it really doesn't make any difference if it was or wasn't as the car was still very cool, very fast and very unsuspecting. Guy's name was Joe and if I remember correctly he worked as an engineer for Chrysler. He might have had access to some things the common street racer did not.

Speaking of Grandma, my Dad used to rebuild wrecked cars for a hobby and had 2 very good friends that owned a body shop/salvage yard. Bought my second Mopar from them; a 67 belvedere 273 car. These guys (Zores Body Shop) were also tied into the State of Indiana somehow and got all of the retired or wrecked State Police cars. In 1965 a trooper wrecked his patrol car, a 65 Plymouth, and Zores got it. Grandma was in need of a newer car so Dad bought it, did the body work and gave it to Grandma. She had no idea what she had but the car was cool and fast. Still had the side spot light, steelies and small caps. I always enjoyed the ride with Grandma even though she drove it like a little old lady but in hind sight she was a little old lady. My youngest brother ended up with the car when Grandma could no longer drive which was very frustrating to me as he wasn't, and still isn't, a car guy.