Quote:

I really enjoy stories from the old days---anyone have a story of meeting the cop they outran later on & his "take" on it all?

Here's a story which sorta fits your question. My best friend's dad seemed to know just about every cop that drove an unmarked car and had one particular cop friend that was always fixing my friends tickets, and he got a lot of them. One night we were driving down Arlington Ave. ( over the speed limit of course) when all of a sudden we saw the red flashing lights coming up on us very quickly. My buddy took a very fast right hand turn at the next street and looking back at the intersection was this cop with the brakes locked up sliding sidewards trying to make the turn right behind us. My buddy yells out "that's Plasca." I asked "whose Plasca" and my buddy replies "the cop that always fixes my tickets. Now the chase was on and we were absoultely stupid as we began pulling away from him. We were driving down very narrow streets, with cars parked on one side, no lights on and pedal to the metal. We crossed a very busy intersecting street but we never saw it, we could have been killed or killed someone else. The chase lasted for probably 10 minutes and we finally lost him. I'm sure Plasca knew who he was chasing but never said anything to my buddy's dad.

I never tried to outrun the police as I knew from my first traffic ticket incident that my mom would be driving my car again and I'd be back on a bicycle, way too embarrasing.