Lee, I still laugh to myself when I banged the u turn on FLB in my blue and white and stopped you at the gas station...and only wanted to see what was under the hood of the Dodge. And that was before I knew you and found out you knew SK ! We moved from Elmhurst off Queens Blvd. to Middle Village right by Juniper Valley Park on the north side - summer of '69, I was 6. The north side strightaway was about 1/2 mile long , we used to sit right on the curb as cars raced each night down there and blasted within feet of us, I can still hear my mother "Don't you go up there !" Guy on my block bought a triple black 70 hemi cuda STP 4 spd. from S&W Dodge - original owner (still has it)there was an orange and white stripe Camaro on the block - big blockI think, around the corner was a red w/white stripe Olds W30, couple of blocks away was a 68 F8 GTX original owner also -he still has it. There was a huge parking lot in the park opposite my house on 77st., I'd bet that's where alot of the action took place to set up the runs of the night. The civic association eventually got the lot closed and filled, no more racing, once we started driving we had to go to Laurel Hill/Crossbay/FLB - I picked up 4 yellowbirds there one night in my 69 Charger R/T - (went up against a black 69 AMX with a blue and white sitting across the street -I stopped - he didn't- HA HA) about 2 years before I entered the ranks -LOL- only made it downto Fountain Ave.a few times, never got involved there - heavy action going on there! - This was a good reading thread !