In 66 I bought a Belvedere II with a streeet hemi, and I lived in So Cal. Down beside Orange County Raceway there were several 2-lane country roads lined with big orange groves. These roads were great for street racing and doing test & tunes...

I went down to Sand Canyon road on a thursday nite to dial my carburators in..
I opened my headers and was doing some kleen-out runs up/down Sand Canyon. Note at that time in Orange County it was all wide open country and no traffic, just occasional traffic to one of the ranches.

I had just done a run and was cruisin back to recork the exhaust, and sitting in a driveway was a highway patrol car saw the big star reflecting on the door. As I went by he pulled out and hit me with his red lites.. He asked what I was doing and I told I was just working on the carburators. He smiled and said he knew I wasn't racing because there were no other cars around.

No ticket, and he said he was just getting off for dinner so we went to a pizza joint in Tustin. Turned out he was also a drag racer, and loved to talk performance cars especially Mopars..

Those were the good ole days..

Just my $0.01...