These stories are really great. I don't know about you but when I read them it takes me back to those days, I can see the races, relive the excitement and feel the joy long past but our memories will live on and I think it's great to share them with the youngsters.

We used to race on I-74 quite a lot, this is in Indy. There was a Sunoco station at one of the interchanges and after midnight we would pull in, jack the car up and while one guy was pulling the street tires off and putting the slicks on his buddy was unbolting the exhaust from the collectors and opening up those headers. I think one of the coolest things we ever did, and did alot, was to entice a guy (from another high school of course) into a race. We said " we'll give you 3 car lenghts", well who wouldn't go for that? We told them "when you see or headlights raise then you go", we did not use flagmen. Well they didn't realize that by the time they reacted to or car launching we were already beside them in full momentum ready to take their money. They never caught on. Now when we took their money it was for big bucks, $25.00 and back then (1967) that was big money for a bunch of high schoolers.

So when you young guns see us sitting and just smiling chances are we are reliving those great days of street racing. However, take it to the drag strip and don't do it on the street. Times have changed, traffic is a lot different than back in our days so be smart and do it legally.

Okay, I'm ready for some more stories from you old farts!