Negative.
The oil spill incident caused a death of one of the kids speeding and making noise on Francis Lew.
The locals there had had enough of the senseless burn outs and drinking amongst the regular bench racer wannabees and this man took onto himself to be vigilant. That act landed the senior in hot oil and water. That stretch was not isolated like other points, they were racing literally in front of peoples homes. Not a welcome mat at the door.

The wedding was an unfortunate freak timing of Murphy's law in a different part of town, I believe Long Island.
They newlyweds had just finished the Wedding ceremony and were heading out to the reception to greet the Family and friends when they came onto a street race in full throttle. The Limo's driver either never saw the Monte Carlo or the Monte was just to fast at that point to do nothing other than rip the Limo apart. It was a horror scene of epic proportions.
I was enraged myself because of the stupid senseless planning and execution of such a race on a street with hidden driveways and cross streets. I've always known that street racing is highly dangerous, but if it is going to go down in earnest, than consider the safety of others that are not involved if you are not considering your own.
That is why the Connecting, 150th, and other haunts where it is a one way fair and only included the drivers and spectators is probably safe in some respect but not the safest. Who ever is there knows the fine print and hind site should be game.