All these racing stories are really cool, and entertaining... (I'd like to hear the ones where people got beat too)

My dad did all this in the late 60's and 70's, even running his C/MP 69 Cuda on the streets, but growing up when I'd go to the cruise place in my 68 road runner (17 at the time) parked a couple down would be my dad in his 70 road runner. So I didnt participate.
Working at Milan, I didnt feel the need to street race, always knew someone was always faster, and looks never can tell how fast someone is. Besides when I was 16-17 all you saw on the streets were 5.0 mustangs and grand nationals.

Now a days I dont get the mentality of driving down the road at 60 mph, beep the horn 3 times and floor it... thats not a race to me, but then I practically grew up at Norwalk and Milan.

So, heres my best memory, In Toledo, on the corner of Alexis and Lewis, there was this cruise spot, and jsut a mile to the north was the Michigan border. If you were on Lewis heading towards toledo, the last stop light street is smith, and conviently enough its a quarter mile from Smith to the water treatment plant, and then after that into toledo, is enough shut down so that when you come into toledo, youre going the speed limit, or close to it.
so it wasnt uncommon to see people pull out followed by a bunch of others heading north into michigan.

the crowd i hung with was mostly mopars, my dads 6bbl road runner, my friend johns 69 Charger with a stout 440, Matts 70 coronet (with a 500 incher <- back when that was major) a couple grand nationals that ran exceptionally fast, and me with the stock 68 383 roadrunner. we always just hung out, we raced at Milan and afterwards go to this place, buy some drinks at McDonalds and hang out looking at all the cars,

one night some guy comes in with an Iroc Z Camaro, it was white, it had all the plastic body panels on it, big wing off the back, (and this is like 1988ish), T tops out, and hes looking for a race, so hes shooting off his mouth and so it gets around to us and he wants to race me, my dad says no way, so this guy says he'll race anyone there.
after a lot of BSing, it was arrainged that Matt would take him on with his 70 coronet.
its sad that memories fail, but I can remember 4 car lengths off the start and then Matt burping him all the way down Lewis as this Camaro was WFO and falling behind.

now adays when confronted to race on the streets, i reply with the typical, "ill race you at the track",
if they are faster, i'm ok with that, but I'll "11:50 them to death" and thats what racing is to me.