Quote:

By the way, if rumors are begging to be true and Englishtown closes its gates, The economy at its current state, the rebellion in the air and funny money changing hands may just be the perfect storm to bring it all back.
I hope I am wrong, because a functioning facility like Englishtown being closed or the prospects of a new track like Long Island Motorsports raceway being shot down by Red tape will make for a certain songs title to ring true. "Here comes that sound again"

Englishtown closing down - now there's a rumor set to shake up the East Coast. Personally, I don't see it happening, but the red tape "buero
cracy" on the old Calverton Naval airbase is killing the sport out on the Island. Truly, that site could have been the NEW Long Island National Dragstrip. But unfortunately we have to rely on innovation and old school savvy. Have to be a bit smarter (location wise), and pick runs without the panache and glamour. Sort the run out, line up, safe run, then DISSAPPER! Run smarter to race another day (night)! The days of giving breaks are over and the "gray bar" hotel (unlike Motel 6)does NOT keep the light on for you either!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)