And after racing on a Saturday night you could go for fine dining and a show at the White Castle on Bell and Northern Blvd in Bayside.

You forgot Wetson's on Northern Blvd in Flushing & out by the Nassau County line. Of course there wewere the "baby bars" on Bell Blvd where alot of us went---but that's another topic ..
"The Marina" was a great spot--not just 'cause of the racing it offered, but it was close enough that guys from the Bronx would come down & occassionally guys from Brooklyn, it was all good.
There used to be some Croatians that would tow in from Brooklyn with a white Corvette on a trailer & would occassionally get a money run. They were way out of my league but one night when they tried callin' me out, I told 'em if they took the car off the trailer & drove it over to the Cross Island Pkwy (about 6-8 miles) I'd run 'em. They squacked & cried, saying thay were there to race, not cruise. My take on it was it was a STREET race with STREET cars, Trailering in was BS--- we never ran, but that was the sort of thing that went on. You had to know your opponent as well as your own car, which, as closely as they guarded any info on streetracers, was often hard to find out.