This was my first '69 Camaro (I painted 2 the same color scheme ). Mid- 70's it was my first time with Drag 500's & we used bleach w/the water. They still didn't bite real good on 'Feedville Road International' but they looked cool & intimidating. Street asphalt kind of tore them up.

Best race story I have was about two of my friends who decided to race on our little town's airport road. Mike had a Nova & Bob a 72 Road Runner. I don't remember who won as I wasn't there but, they got nailed by a city cop for 'conducting a speed contest' . When they went to court, the judge threw it out. At that time the center of airport road was the city limit line and the judge told the cop, 'you can't write a ticket outside the city limits & you can't prosecute one guy for 'conducting a speed contest' with himself'. He then said, 'if you'd written him up on reckless driving, I could'. I was in front of Judge Marvin many times myself & he never cut me that kind of slack! Just like Ripley's, 'Believe it, or not.'