Quote:

Going to the old places somehow seems a little sad. Last year I had the privilege of meeting "fullmetaljacket" in NY & we BS'd about some old places & cars. The next day I wandered over to Connecting, Utopia Pkwy, Francis Lewis Blvd, among other places & although I could distinctly rememebr the cars, the BSing we did there, even some of the old speed shops nearby I couldn't imagine doing the same things nowadays-and that seemed a shame. Today's gearheads will never know the speed shop stories, the cruising & streetracing we did,alot of times just for fun, or the affordibility (compared to now) of it all.
Still, as I told "FMJ", when my Dart's done I'm taking it back to Connecting for one final pass...........

I here ya for one last pass, I trailered my Cuda to Glastonbury CT where my daughter lives a couple of years ago and took a cruise around Glastonbury, East Hartford and Manchester. A lot has changed but I might do it again for probably one more time, but it just isn't the same anymore. I also remember really blowing away a 70 GTO with my 340 Duster in Springfield Mass. from a stoplight in 71. Those WERE the good old days!!!