Quote:

For those that may know (knew?) him & are curious----yesterday I stumble onto a shop & here's this guy with all kinds of hot rod/Mopar stuff in his office---a really nice guy, he helped me find an address I was looking for.
While talking to him I noticed he has a N.Y. license plate with the word "Brooklyn" on it. His name is "Rob" & we started talking & it seems that a while back he had this old Caddi on nitrous that he used to streetrace. I didn't ask him any specifics about his set-up, but he had some great pics of it on his walls. We BS for about a half-hour & in that time it was like I was back home again! . He remembered the Mutt Bros., the usual haunts in Brooklyn & even some of the cars that, coincidentally we would both see running the local areas. He wasn't too familiar with Queens but did remember alot of the streets we ran on there & he even mentioned he knew a few "transplanted" NYers out here that missed the "good 'ol days" . Of course we lamented how things just aren't the same anymore but being older now we'd like to have fun like we used to.
The point is, this streetracing stuff never gets out of your blood & if you look hard enough there are STILL a few diehards from the past. BTW, he showed me some of his projects in his shop & I must say I was impressed . It's good to know there's another Mopar shop around here......

Welcome back to N.Y.
Yes H-Cop, the diehards are still around!! Lee is one of many to this testimony!! I did some times
but DARED NOT to climb in the ring with the "heavyweights". A little too shallow in the pockets and not enough "heat" under the hood. I just "donated" (for the cause) and took notes (learned what I could). Period.
BTW, that Caddy, was it a 68-69 model (4 door)maybe teal or turquiose in color?

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)