I'm sure every streetracing locale has a similiar story, but did anyone ever actually SEE the girl, usually at Connecting, who allegedly had on the back of her car : "If you can beat me, you can eat me!" and what this ficticious car actually was or ran? My sister's friend allegedly knew her but I never got any details.
It's funny how stories exist over time & how certain characters are rememebred. I was talking to a friend from back East last week & he rememebred a group of black guys coming to his local track up in Schenectady NY & how they had this beat up Dart that guys kept betting on or against & how the guy kept winning. Judging from the description of the car & guys it sounded like the Mutt Bros which was actually Ronnie Lyles & Co. that eventaully became a very well-known P/S race team. I found it all interesting as while my friend had heard of Ronnie, even back then, he had no idea what he was seeing.
That was the fun part of streetracing--there were some VERY good (eventually Pro) drivers back then that "cut their teeth" streetracing---they just won't admit it..........