Whoa, H-Cop a 361 in a 62' dart IS nothing to SNEER
AT!! It can and will dust off quite a bit of machinery, even today with the modern technology.
So, because it wasn't a musclecar DOES NOT omit
you from the street scene!! I seen 361 Chargers
which RAN like scalded cats!! Embarrassed some
bigger, notable motors too, with that combo!! It's
all about the RIGHT PARTS MATCHUP and Volumetic
Efficiency. One question though: Who would be silly enough to BUILD a gun in school when it was
practically dirt cheap to get one!! Never will understand human nature! Anyway, GREAT post!!

Actually it was me that had the dart. I was 16 years old at the time and made very little money working at a gas station after school and on the weekends. In the summer I was working 60 hours a week and was being paid $15.00 for my services. You do the math, I was working for the experience only I didn't know it. My only engine modifiation was having the heads milled, I thought that would greatly increased my compression and give me a real race car. Also installed a high pinion snubber that touched the body at all times. The 1-2 shift was very cool and oh yes I forgot about having the transmission line pressure increased. Back then I didn't have the money to do anything competitive but still had a ton of fun on the weekends.
We raced in my buddies car; a 67 R/T 440 4 speed car. Now that was extremely nice. He had all the money and cool toys. I got his leftovers.