I really enjoy stories from the old days---anyone have a story of meeting the cop they outran later on & his "take" on it all?
One time I spent about about 15 mins. running through a neighborhood chasing some guy in a Camaro.The guy was always a block or two ahead of me & kept dodging me,actually doing a pretty good job. He eventually got onto a main street but was so far ahead of me it just wasn't worth it. About 3 years later I'm in my friends chassis shop & this guy starts talking about how he had to dodge the cops one night & was getting scared as he had been running out of streets to go down. Aside from the streetrace, he had been high & really didn't want to get caught, figuring the car would be impounded & he'd wind up in jail on a DUI charge along with the other traffic violations. I asked him what he'd been driving & where it all occurred. He told me & knowing the car, I told him it was me chasing him. He seemed sqeamish and all & I just laughed, complimenting him on his driving ability & how he simply got lucky that night.