Quote:

Quote:

This thread is worthless. What's worthless to one, is treasured by others. Opinions are like.....blah, blah, blah. If you don't like the music, turn the station....insert a CD. I look at music like this. It's the sound track to each persons life. They're all different and all have different meanings. In the 70's there were many bands playing music that give me fond memories. Some not so much. That's what it's all about.!

Worthless? I don't see it. and the fact it's 12 pages long shows many did it and still enjoy BSing about the stuff, and perhaps posting pics of their cars or how/when they ran a pparticular car.
Weekend nights at Connecting or wherever were special. Some guys got their first taste of musclecars, streetracing, perhaps they met their wife/girlfriend at these places. The fun or friends we had at that time, sometimes never left us and us old guys like to rememebr or tell the young guys how it was or should be with the hobby. I wish I had pics of some of he cars & people from back then--the clothing styles alone are worth a good laugh & some of our cars you wouldn't even cruise in, much less race. But it was all good fun, meant as an escape from work, school, etc. and NOTHING beats the sound of a healthy big-block rumbling through an overpass at 2:00 A.M.---if you never heard that, you wouldn't understand..........

AMEN brother!!!!
I started this thread for a very specific reason, the younger group enjoys reading about our escapades from yesteryear just like we did when we were young. I appreciate all of the racing stories, and related posts too, as I didn't do a lot of street racing due to the fact my muscle car was a '62 Dodge Dart auto. with a 361. Not very competitive but had a great back seat...first child was conceived back there.
So keep the stories coming...we all love them and if you don't.... go read the Sunday Times.