Quote:

I know that there was one over at Ebbets Field Dodge where a friend of mines Brother worked as the performance manager. That car ended up in either "Speed Wind" shop in Long Island or S&K Speed. One of them was campaigned on the street for sure. My memory banks are bankrupt at the moment.

I think the Ebbets Field one wound up as the Joe Jill's "Speedwin Automotive" car. I guess it'll remain a mystery as no one seems to know what came of "Manhattan Speed"'s car.
Anyway, another "war story"---back then, as I mentioned, I had a caged & tubbed Pinto. This was about the time the V-9 mini-cars (as they were called) were getting popular in P/S. An older, more race -experienced friend of mine had a real nice big-block Nova & was curious about these "new" cars. At my invitation I took him for a ride in mine, hopingI'd convert him as he had more than enough money to build a real nice one. Driving through Jamaica, Queens the car's real docile although there's no doubt it's carrying a V-8. I hit the Cross Island and open her up. The short wheelbase & crappy roads are a bit of a challenge but overall the car shows itself well, my buddy banging his head against the rollcage once or twice. I look over & he's has a death grip on the cage & is ghost white. Figuring this isn'r exactly a good way to convert someone to thebenefits of the new cars I back off & head back to the speed shop. Once there he jumps out screaming at me, questioning my sanity & says he'll NEVER get in one of those "things" again and how a car like that will kill someone. Well, history's kinda proven him wrong & I sometimes wonder what he drives now since a Pinto or Vega would today be considered "mid-size"